Show Now On!
April 6th - May 19th 2016
POST SHOW LESSON PLAN 3
What’s the difference –
A child’s life now and a child 100 years ago?
- Divide the class into smaller groups and seat
them in circles.
- Place 2 sheets of paper in the centre of the circles.
- Draw the outline of a child on each page – no features and no clothes.
- Write ‘Now’ on top one and ‘Then’ on top of the other.
- Ask the children to write the differences they know about each child on the pages.
- When this done encourage the groups to read the document from this website.
- Look at images on the national archive site.
- Now add the new information on to the pages.
- Ask the groups stand up and move clockwise to
the next group’s space, then sit and read their information. If there is anything they would like to add they can.
- After 2 or 3 mins they move on. Continue this until they return to their own space.
- Place the sheet on the wall.
That the children will be able to explore the differences in their lives to that of the children in the early 1900’s.
- The documents on the Maloney’s Dream website revealed when you click the paper boy.
- The national archive website – www.growingup.ie
- Large flip chart sheets 2 per group.
- Different colour markers .
Write a diary entry for a day as if you lived in 1915.